Thursday, May 1, 2014

Vaccinations

So, you have to get the Yellow Fever vaccination to go to Africa. Who would have thought that that vaccination would be hard to find in Northwest Indiana? Apparently, a lot of people here go to Africa. Huh. Again, a learning experience. Not everywhere carries the Yellow Fever vaccination, and those that do are allotted 20 ever 120 days. I've been searching for it since January with no luck, so when the Lake County Health Department told me they have a few now, I rushed over. Those of you that know me know that needles are my biggest fear in life (not climbing mountains :), so when they told me that I needed to get Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Polio, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, and Hepatitis B, I started sweating. The room started spinning when they told me what would happen if I didn't get each vaccination and caught each various disease. Yikes! Well, six vaccinations later and two sore arms, I'm really ready now!

No comments:

Post a Comment