Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Disappointment

It is with a heavy heart that I am writing to let you know that I will not be climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro this summer. I was supposed to fly into Nairobi, Kenya and drive to Tanzania; from there where we would start our climb.
Unfortunately, Nairobi has been victim to two series of terrorist bombings in the last two weeks and a travel warning has, again, been placed on Kenya. The US government is looking to reduce and pull out some of our Embassy members there as well. Because of these recent events, our climb will be cancelled. At this point, I would like to donate all contributions to Camp Tecumseh camp scholarships.
I want to sincerely thank all of you for your excitement, encouragement, and believing in me.  Please see links below if you would like to read more about the happenings in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment